Sophie is a family travel expert and a Disney enthusiast. She loves exploring the parks with her kids and sharing her tips for making the most out of a Disney vacation with children.
Yes, you can absolutely share a meal on the Disney World Dining Plan! Sharing meals is a great way to save money and make the most out of your dining plan credits. Disney understands that families and friends often like to share meals, so they allow it as long as you have enough dining plan credits to cover the meal.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when sharing meals on the Disney World Dining Plan:
1. Choose the right dining locations: Not all dining locations at Disney World allow sharing, so it's important to choose restaurants that are accommodating. Quick-service locations are generally more flexible when it comes to sharing meals, while table-service restaurants may have stricter policies. It's always a good idea to check with the restaurant beforehand or ask your server when you arrive.
2. Check the portion sizes: Some meals at Disney World are large enough to share, while others may be more suitable for individual portions. Take a look at the menu and consider the portion sizes before deciding to share. If the portions are small or if you have a big appetite, it might be better to order separate meals.
3. Communicate with your server: When you arrive at the restaurant, let your server know that you would like to share a meal. They will be able to guide you through the process and let you know if there are any restrictions or additional charges for sharing. Disney's servers are usually very accommodating and will do their best to make your dining experience enjoyable.
4. Maximize your dining plan credits: If you're sharing a meal, you can use your dining plan credits more efficiently. For example, if you have a table-service dining plan and two people want to share a meal, you can use one table-service credit instead of two. This allows you to save credits for other meals or experiences during your trip.
5. Consider the Disney Dining Plan Plus: If you're planning on sharing meals frequently, you may want to consider upgrading to the Disney Dining Plan Plus. This plan allows you to use your dining credits for either table-service or quick-service meals, giving you more flexibility when it comes to sharing.
Remember, the Disney World Dining Plan is designed to make your vacation more convenient and enjoyable. Sharing meals is a great way to save money and try a variety of dishes. Just make sure to follow the guidelines and communicate with your server to ensure a smooth dining experience.