Jane Evergreen is a seasoned traveler and Disney enthusiast. With over 20 years of experience visiting Disney World and exploring Orlando, she has become an expert in creating unforgettable memories. Jane is passionate about helping families plan their dream vacations and sharing her love for all things Disney.
Orlando, Florida is a magical destination with so much to offer, and you don't have to break the bank to have a fantastic time! Whether you're on a budget or just looking for some affordable activities, there are plenty of free or cheap things to do in Orlando that will make your trip unforgettable.
1. Explore the Disney Springs: Disney Springs is a vibrant outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex that offers a variety of experiences for all ages. You can stroll along the waterfront, enjoy live music, and even catch a free movie at the AMC theater. With its unique shops and delicious food options, Disney Springs is a must-visit destination that won't cost you a dime.
2. Visit the Orlando Farmers Market: If you're a fan of fresh produce, local artisans, and live entertainment, head over to the Orlando Farmers Market. Located in the heart of downtown Orlando, this weekly market offers a wide variety of vendors selling everything from fruits and vegetables to handmade crafts. It's a great way to support local businesses and experience the vibrant culture of Orlando.
3. Take a stroll around Lake Eola Park: Located in downtown Orlando, Lake Eola Park is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city. You can take a leisurely walk around the lake, rent a swan-shaped paddleboat, or have a picnic in one of the many shaded areas. The park also hosts various events throughout the year, including free concerts and movie nights.
4. Explore the Harry P. Leu Gardens: If you're a nature lover, don't miss the chance to visit the Harry P. Leu Gardens. This 50-acre botanical oasis is home to over 40 different plant collections, including a butterfly garden and a tropical rainforest. Admission is free on the first Monday of every month, so plan your visit accordingly.
5. Discover the Cornell Fine Arts Museum: Located on the Rollins College campus, the Cornell Fine Arts Museum offers free admission to its extensive collection of European, American, and contemporary art. It's a great opportunity to immerse yourself in culture and explore the world of art without spending a dime.
6. Enjoy the Orlando Brewing Company: If you're a beer enthusiast, head over to the Orlando Brewing Company for a free brewery tour. You'll learn about the brewing process, sample some of their delicious organic beers, and even get a behind-the-scenes look at their operations. It's a fun and educational experience that won't cost you a penny.
7. Take a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center: While not technically in Orlando, the Kennedy Space Center is just a short drive away and offers an incredible experience for space enthusiasts. You can explore interactive exhibits, see real space shuttles, and even meet astronauts. While admission is not free, it's definitely worth the cost for the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
8. Enjoy the natural beauty of Wekiwa Springs State Park: Located just outside of Orlando, Wekiwa Springs State Park is a hidden gem that offers a variety of outdoor activities. You can swim in the crystal-clear springs, go hiking or biking on the scenic trails, or even rent a canoe or kayak to explore the waterways. Admission is only a few dollars per vehicle, making it an affordable option for a day of outdoor fun.
9. Visit the Orlando Museum of Art: If you're interested in art and culture, the Orlando Museum of Art is a must-visit destination. They offer free admission on select days, so be sure to check their website for details. You can explore their impressive collection of American, African, and contemporary art, as well as attend special exhibitions and events.
10. Enjoy a day at the beach: While Orlando is not located directly on the coast, you can still enjoy a day at the beach by taking a short drive to the nearby Atlantic coast or the Gulf of Mexico. Pack a picnic, bring your beach gear, and spend a day soaking up the sun and playing in the waves. It's a budget-friendly way to enjoy the beautiful Florida beaches.
These are just a few of the many free or cheap things to do in Orlando, FL. With a little planning and creativity, you can have an amazing time without breaking the bank. So go ahead and explore all that Orlando has to offer, and create memories that will last a lifetime!