Lily Bloom is a foodie and Disney dining connoisseur. She has spent years exploring the culinary delights of Disney World and Orlando, sampling dishes from every restaurant and food stand. Lily loves sharing her dining experiences and recommendations with fellow food lovers, helping them discover the best bites in the happiest place on Earth.
Orlando, Florida is known for its world-class theme parks, but there are plenty of non-theme park activities for kids to enjoy as well. Whether you're looking for educational experiences, outdoor adventures, or family-friendly entertainment, Orlando has something for everyone. Here are some of my top recommendations for non-theme park activities in Orlando:
1. Explore the Orlando Science Center: The Orlando Science Center is a fantastic place for kids to learn and have fun at the same time. With interactive exhibits, hands-on activities, and even a planetarium, there's plenty to keep young minds engaged and entertained.
2. Visit the Orlando Museum of Art: If your kids have an artistic side, they'll love exploring the Orlando Museum of Art. The museum features a diverse collection of artwork from around the world, as well as special exhibits and interactive programs for children.
3. Discover nature at the Harry P. Leu Gardens: Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature at the Harry P. Leu Gardens. This 50-acre botanical oasis is home to stunning gardens, scenic walking paths, and even a butterfly garden.
4. Have a wild time at Gatorland: Gatorland is a unique wildlife park that offers up-close encounters with alligators, crocodiles, and other fascinating creatures. Kids can watch thrilling gator shows, zip line over alligator-infested waters, and even feed the animals.
5. Get hands-on at the Orlando Science Center: The Orlando Science Center is a fantastic place for kids to learn and have fun at the same time. With interactive exhibits, hands-on activities, and even a planetarium, there's plenty to keep young minds engaged and entertained.
6. Enjoy outdoor adventures at Wekiwa Springs State Park: If your family loves the great outdoors, head to Wekiwa Springs State Park. Here, you can go hiking, canoeing, swimming, and even horseback riding. It's the perfect place to get some fresh air and enjoy nature.
7. Take a trip to WonderWorks: WonderWorks is an interactive museum that combines education and entertainment. Kids can experience hands-on exhibits, virtual reality games, and even an indoor ropes course. It's a great place to let their imaginations run wild.
8. Explore the Orlando Fire Museum: If your little ones dream of being firefighters, they'll love a visit to the Orlando Fire Museum. They can learn about the history of firefighting, see vintage fire trucks, and even try on firefighter gear.
9. Have a blast at Fun Spot America: Fun Spot America is a family-friendly amusement park with rides, go-karts, and arcade games. It's a great place to spend a fun-filled day with the kids, without the long lines and crowds of the theme parks.
10. Discover the wonders of the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: Just a short drive from Orlando, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers a fascinating look into the history and future of space exploration. Kids can see real space shuttles, meet astronauts, and even experience a simulated rocket launch.
These are just a few of the many non-theme park activities for kids in Orlando, Florida. Whether you're looking for educational experiences, outdoor adventures, or family-friendly entertainment, Orlando has something for everyone. So, take a break from the theme parks and explore all that this amazing city has to offer!