Maxwell is a thrill-seeker and a Disney fanatic. He loves riding all the roller coasters and attractions at Disney World and sharing his experiences with others.
Orlando is known for its incredible theme parks, but there are also plenty of non-theme park attractions that are worth exploring. If you're looking to take a break from the crowds and experience something different, here are some hidden gems and off-the-beaten-path attractions in Orlando:
1. The Orlando Eye: Take a ride on the iconic Orlando Eye, a 400-foot tall observation wheel that offers breathtaking views of the city. It's a great way to see Orlando from a different perspective and take in the beauty of the surrounding area.
2. The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art: If you're an art lover, don't miss the chance to visit the Morse Museum. It houses the world's most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany, including his famous stained glass windows and lamps. The museum also features American art from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
3. The Harry P. Leu Gardens: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature at the Harry P. Leu Gardens. This 50-acre botanical oasis is home to stunning gardens, scenic trails, and even a historic home museum. It's the perfect place to relax, have a picnic, or take a leisurely stroll.
4. The Orlando Science Center: Feed your curiosity and expand your knowledge at the Orlando Science Center. This interactive museum offers a wide range of exhibits and hands-on activities for visitors of all ages. From exploring the wonders of outer space to learning about the human body, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
5. The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: Just a short drive from Orlando, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is a must-visit for space enthusiasts. Discover the history of space exploration, get up close to real rockets and space shuttles, and even meet astronauts. It's an unforgettable experience that will leave you inspired.
6. The Orlando Museum of Art: Immerse yourself in the world of art at the Orlando Museum of Art. With a diverse collection of contemporary and modern art, as well as rotating exhibitions, there's always something new and exciting to see. The museum also offers educational programs, workshops, and events for art enthusiasts of all ages.
7. The Gatorland: Get up close and personal with Florida's most famous residents at Gatorland. This 110-acre wildlife preserve is home to thousands of alligators and crocodiles, as well as other native animals. Watch thrilling gator shows, take a swamp walk, or even zip line over the alligator-infested waters. It's a unique and thrilling experience that you won't find anywhere else.
These are just a few examples of the many non-theme park attractions that Orlando has to offer. Whether you're interested in art, nature, science, or wildlife, there's something for everyone to enjoy. So take a break from the theme parks and explore the hidden gems of Orlando!