Lily Bloom is a foodie and Disney dining connoisseur. She has spent years exploring the culinary delights of Disney World and Orlando, sampling dishes from every restaurant and food stand. Lily loves sharing her dining experiences and recommendations with fellow food lovers, helping them discover the best bites in the happiest place on Earth.
Hey there! If you're looking for some off-the-beaten-path activities in Orlando, you've come to the right place. While Disney World and other popular attractions are undoubtedly amazing, there's so much more to this vibrant city than meets the eye. Let me share some hidden gems and local favorites that will make your trip to Orlando truly unforgettable!
1. Explore Winter Park: Just a short drive from downtown Orlando, Winter Park is a charming and picturesque neighborhood that feels like a world away from the theme parks. Stroll along Park Avenue, lined with boutique shops and fantastic restaurants. Don't miss the Morse Museum, which houses the world's largest collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany's works.
2. Visit the Harry P. Leu Gardens: Nature lovers will adore this stunning 50-acre botanical oasis. Take a leisurely walk through the beautiful gardens, featuring over 40 different plant collections. The highlight is the stunning rose garden, which boasts over 200 varieties of roses.
3. Take an airboat ride in the Everglades: Experience the natural beauty of Florida by embarking on an airboat adventure in the nearby Everglades. Glide through the marshes and spot alligators, birds, and other wildlife in their natural habitat. It's a thrilling and unique way to explore the region.
4. Discover the Orlando Science Center: Perfect for families and science enthusiasts, the Orlando Science Center offers interactive exhibits, planetarium shows, and even a giant screen theater. Learn about space, dinosaurs, and so much more while having a blast.
5. Enjoy a food tour in Audubon Park: If you're a foodie like me, you'll love exploring the culinary delights of Audubon Park. This hip and trendy neighborhood is home to some of Orlando's best local eateries and breweries. Join a food tour and indulge in delicious bites while learning about the area's history and culture.
6. Wander through the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art: Located in Winter Park, this museum is a hidden gem for art enthusiasts. It houses an extensive collection of American art, including works by Louis Comfort Tiffany. Don't miss the breathtaking Tiffany Chapel, a stunning masterpiece of stained glass.
7. Take a day trip to Mount Dora: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and visit the charming town of Mount Dora. Known for its quaint shops, antique stores, and beautiful lake views, it's the perfect place to relax and unwind.
8. Explore the Orlando Museum of Art: Immerse yourself in the world of art at the Orlando Museum of Art. From contemporary works to ancient artifacts, there's something for everyone here. Check out their website for special exhibitions and events happening during your visit.
So there you have it, some non-touristy things to do in Orlando that will give you a unique and local perspective of the city. Whether you're a nature lover, art enthusiast, or foodie, Orlando has something special in store for you. Enjoy exploring these hidden gems and creating unforgettable memories!